Painting a house is truly an art of creativity, aesthetics and architectural know-how. Using the colors and design patterns efficiently to enhance the beauty of a room requires lots of imagination and creative thinking. Nowadays the traditional trend of using single, neutral colors for painting homes have been taken over with more experimental and loud choices by people. With changing architectural designing involving open kitchen, studio apartments etc., it is through the color patterns used that we can define specific areas.
To get the astonishing result, there are some tricks which can be played with color patterns used.
• Deciding the color theme based on the architectural structure of the room. By contrasting or highlighting the inbuilt structures like window, door, staircase, decoration shelves with a different color than walls, enhances the overall look. Depending upon the personal choice of color between bright or subtle, one can finalize the combination.
• Choose the color keeping in mind long-term associating with it – Since painting a house is an expensive exercise, one should choose the color with which, one can live for long. Sometimes in excitement, we tend to get too experimental and get the room painted with contrasting color. But soon we tend to get bored with it, and this impacts our overall mood. Also, the other furnishing items like curtains and furniture tapestry, fabrics etc. are coordinated to the special color themes of walls, hence changing it all over again can get very costly.
• Get an idea about the trending designs and patterns which are in fashion through interior decoration sites and journal to stay in sync with to the prevailing styles.
Some of the mistakes which we should avoid are:
• Not adaptive to change: We sometimes tend to refuse to get out of our comfort zones, and we get so used to a particular setup that we get rigid for a change. But as it is said that changes are significant, we should also try new things, starting up from as basic as choosing new color pattern for our house
• Avoid using too much color: An excess of anything is harmful, and the same implies to painting a room as well. If there are too much contrast and bright color usage, it will pitch the eyes and would not give a very pleasant feel. Hence the right combination of the color pattern should be chosen.
• Putting very dull color on walls- It’s a designing principle that the color of the walls contributes the major part of the overall appearance of the room, as compared to the furnishing and other decorative items. If we choose to paint the walls with a very dull shade, in contrast to the color theme of rest of the setup, then it will deface the overall look of the house. Hence the balance should be maintained in the color coordination.
• Hurrying up the process- Painting a house is a time-consuming job and requires a lot of patience to achieve perfection. One should finalize upon the shade and design pattern of the walls after reviewing all the options and doing sample test carefully.
Certainly, there are some technicalities involved, and therefore it is advisable to take professional assistance from painting companies to get your house the best makeover which you desire.
Colors play a very significant role in our lives. A buzzing phenomenon now-a-day is ‘color psychology’. The choice of color we have, represent our personality and physiological state of mind. Usually, people who are very positive and fun loving, tend to opt for vibrant, bright, contrasting colors. Whereas people with simple and subtle personalities go for pastel, soothing colors. Usually, grey and blacks are associated with negative and dull mindset.
It has a direct relation to our mood. The color patterns we use in our surroundings, right from what we wear to the color theme of walls and furnishing of our home, affects our mood drastically. The colorful surroundings give energy and positivity which shows in our lifestyle and work. Hence, it’s essential to carefully choose the color designs for our house as well as the workplace. Also, the textures, chemical compositions, durability are other necessary criteria to look into before finalizing anything.
Considerations while choosing the right paint are:
1. Type of paint to be used- Usually, there are two types of textures, oil, and latex. Latex based is durable, easy to clean, absorbs moisture better than oil hence avoids blistering and fade resistant. These are good for concrete walls. Oil-based paints are prepared choice for wooden moulds but take a little longer than latex to dry.
2. The sheen of the paint-The glossier sheen paint is very easy to clean hence an ideal choice for children room, play area. Semi-gloss sheen paints are usually used in kitchens and bathroom; these are comparatively cheaper and also easy to maintain. Matte sheen paint is used for covering up major imperfections. These are the cheapest of all and require a lot of maintenance. Hence unless there is some major renovation done on walls, these paints should be avoided.
3. Color patterns – Color plays a significant role in the overall appearance as well as the feel of the room. There are various shade cards available with the paint shops to choose from, depending upon the personal choices, the architecture of the rooms, the theme of interior decoration, the purpose of the room, color schemes should be decided. Some of the examples may include, one can choose bright, contrasting, vibrant shades like shades of red, pink, for the children room. Cool colors like blues, purples make the room look bigger than the actual size, pastel colors give a soothing feel to the room. Choosing the color patterns is better if you are going to reside in the property yourself, in case you intend to sell or rent out, off-whites, creams are the right choice, since these are neutral shades.
4. Enhance the beauty of the special points of architectural design- Before starting up a painting work, we should identify the areas in the room which we want to stand out in appearance. By using contrasting color combinations, or highlighting these areas through light effect makes the overall look of the room visually appealing.
The painting industry has also evolved over the years, and now designing firms offer expertized consultation and professional assistance for painting job of your property. Depending upon your personal choice and technicalities of the architecture of the house, these team of professionals helps you choose the right color pattern, and with the help of their trained team, the painting job becomes hassle free, less cumbersome and perfectly beautiful in appearance.